Tuesday 22 January 2013

Trying to Warm up On a Cold Winter Day.

Well the weather outside is not only frightful it is REALLY COLD.  I just checked the weather network and the temperature is -28o C with the wind-chill.  We have had colder days in the past, but I think this is the coldest it’s been this winter. Poor Roxy came in from outside with her one back paw up in the air = instant indicator that it is extremely cold out.


We cannot really complain about this winter ... really.  To date the temperatures have been hovering just below zero and we have not really had to deal with wind chills or significant snowfalls.  At the end of the winter season last year, we bought a new snow blower.  I think Byron has used it 3 times so far this winter. Two of the times he used it, it was just a light dusting and he could have shovelled the driveway, but he was anxious to try out the new toy to make sure it worked. It works wonderfully. He was done really quickly compared to when he use to use the MacGyver blower {this is a story for another day}.

Back to the cold temperatures we are encountering today, here’s a photo we snapped of Roxy trying to warm up and we had to share it. Within seconds of this blue blanket making its appearance, Roxy is on it trying to make herself comfortable or like in the picture bellow, warming up.

It's COLD ...
 

On really cold days like today it is always nice to have warm thoughts. When I was putting away some of Hugo’s pictures in his album I came across the following photo from our family pool party this past summer. The temperature that day was probably + 28o C .
 
Hugo’s 1st time in a pool & he loved it!!
 
Then I came across the following picture that one of my cousin’s posted on facebook of my cupcake I made for the pool party {I’ll have to do a post about these fun Pool Party/ Beach cupcakes in the near future}.

Teddy Bear Pool Party Cupcake - Photo Taken By My Cousin


The temperature outside doesn’t seem so bad now. I guess it could always be - 48o C. You always have to look on the bright side!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips