Tuesday 26 March 2013

When Dad Makes Dinner

In our house, Dad (aka Byron) usually makes dinner on Sundays. We think it is only fair as Mom usually makes dinner the other 6 days of the week. Dinner always turns out wonderful and delicious.

Here's proof - Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding ...

Prime Rib with bone- Roast Beef
 

 
 
Byron's first time making Yorkshire Pudding from scratch ... they turned out amazing both taste & looks.

 
 
I usually help with the prep and for this particular dinner I made the Mashed Red Potatoes With Garlic And Parmesan (recipe bellow) which also tasted good and I would make them again ...




Here's Dad's view of the end product ...

 


Here's Mom's view (I apologise for the mess and the picture quality as it was taken with my ipod). I wish I had a photo of the kitchen before Dad made dinner, but I don't. The counters and sinks were empty with no dishes at all and clean.




When Dad makes dinner = Mom is in the kitchen for hours cleaning. You should see the mess he created in the oven this day (oh my, my poor oven). But this is why dad usually only cooks 1 day a week. I would never ever leave the kitchen if he was in there more often making dinner!



Mashed Red Potatoes With Garlic And Parmesan from  food.com

Ingredients

2 1/2 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

 

Directions

Put potatoes and garlic in large pan.
Cover with water.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
Drain well.
Mash with the butter, milk, and salt.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese.


Wonderful Sunday dinner and super delicious ...





In all fairness though he does always prepare a fabulous meal. We just need to hire a cleaning fairy for the days he cooks and all would be good!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips