Thursday 18 April 2013

Date Day {April}

March has come and gone without a date day. It was a bit of a busy month. This month, however, we thought we would get our date day in earlier in the month since we really had to find the material for the blinds for the boler. So we had our April date day this past weekend - April 13, 2013.

We just went to Fabricland and I was quite surprised (once we really started look) with the variety of material and patterns they carry and their prices  weren't too bad either. Surprisingly I have not yet snapped a photo of the material, but once I do I will post pictures. I was going to do it when we were in the store, but it was crazy busy.

I did however, take some photos of our lunch as I always do. (I probably look a bit weird doing it, but oh well).

This time we went to Milestones. It was our first time eating at a Milestones restaurant and we found the atmosphere really reminded us of Moxy's (which we really enjoy). Their menu on the other hand reminded us of Kelsey's but more pricey.

 
Byron ordered the Prime Rib Beef Dip (thinly sliced AAA Prime Rib on a Ciabatta bread with Gorgonzola butter and crispy onion strings. Served with roasted garlic au jus) and a side of roasted garlic Caesar salad and coffee of course. He found his lunch choice was a bit plain for his liking.

 
 
 
 

I ordered the Smoked Turkey Ciabatta Club (double-smoked bacon, house-made avocado salsa, diced Roma tomato, and whole grain mustard mayonnaise dressing on pumpkin seed and cranberry ciabatta bread). I had a side of roasted garlic Caesar salad and ice tea to drink. I was unable to finish all of my sandwich so Byron finished it for me and he said my lunch choice was better.


Overall, the atmosphere was nice at this restaurant, but we were not particular crazy about the meal ... it was OK. It was edible and their was a fair amount of food on our plate, but for the price it cost, I do not think we will be returning there for lunch. I did not look at their dinner menu, so I do not  know about returning there for dinner (We are a bit picky when it comes to our food).

Have you eaten at Milestones? What's your favourite dish if you have? Maybe we just ordered the wrong dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips