Thursday 18 July 2013

Garden Update

It's been a while since we have done a garden update post, so I figured it was time for one. For some reason this year we have A LOT of weeds coming up in the garden. With all the rain we received from Mother Nature last week this is what the garden looked like

 
 
CRAZY WEEDS EVERYWHERE ... 

 
Everything in the garden grew a lot especially the weeds. It was crazy!! To be honest I did not know what end to start at with the weeding, but I was bound and determined to get rid of all the weeds and somehow I succeeded ...



 
The veggies are starting to really grow and do well. We picked our first snow peas last week. Earlier this week I was out super early before the Lil Man woke up and before it really heated up outside and picked some purple beans (these guys taste amazing)! I was really surprised when I went out and noticed that they were ready to be picked. Our potatoes and cucumber plants are also doing really well! We have a couple peppers on our tiny pepper plants which we thought we had lost at the beginning of June from all the cold weather we kept getting.  Our tomato plants were struggling, but they are starting to look ok with the beautiful weather we have been getting. I spotted 3 tomatoes so far {which makes me so happy}. This year I planted our cherry tomatoes in a pot and they are not doing the greatest. Something seems to be eating them {insert disappointed sad face}. I do not think I will do that next year.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips