Wednesday 10 July 2013

STORY TIME

One thing Hugo loves are his books and story time.

 
At our baby shower, [hard to believe that it took place two years ago today], guests were asked to bring a book in lieu of a card if they wished. It was such a great idea and I would highly recommend it. This was the invite insert ...

 
Hugo received a wonderful assortment of books that we will treasure for years to come. Roxy was trying to decide which one was her favourite. (Before Hugo was born she would sit and pose for the camera every time I took photos in Hugo's room).
 


Story time is so much more fun when there is a wonderful selection of books to pick from.
 


 
It is always so nice when we open a book for story time and find out who it was from -- guests were asked to write their names on the inside page! Some guests even wrote a little message.
 

 
This is one of his favourite books. His favourite part of the story is "Clang, Clang ..."
 
 
Over the past twenty months Hugo has received more books. I think he gets them throughout the year, which he loves.  He received some of these for his Birthday, Christmas & just because he's awesome ... 
 
 
 
 
 
When he was first born my cousin gave me a "What to Expect the First Year" book, but since I already had that book I exchanged it for this "B is for Bear" Touch & Feel ABC book. Hugo has enjoyed this book since he was able to sit up on his own and he still loves it!!
 
 
If you need a book for a little one, I highly recommend this one! As far as I know you can still purchase it at Indigo.ca. If you click on the photo it will take you directly to the page.


There are so many different styles of kids books out there. Hugo has a couple neat ones, but if I went on about them all I would be here forever (maybe one day I will do another post). This is the latest book Hugo received . His Oma & Opa brought it back from their trip to Ottawa in the Spring. As you move the page from left to right, the animal appears to be moving. It's kind of hard to photograph it, but it is super neat watching the horse gallop as you move the pages.


Do you have a favourite children's book?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips