Thursday 1 August 2013

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Wow I can not believe it's the 1st of August already!! July sure did fly by. It's been a while since I have posted a recipe on here so I thought it was time. Lately, we have been going through a phase of wanting something new and different to try because we are very tired of eating the same old same old. Do you ever have days/ weeks like this? Both Byron and I went on a search for something new to try and Byron came up with a Chicken Salad Sandwich. He use to have them when he was younger but I can honestly say I had never had one before this. We found this new recipe and I thought I would share it with our readers. For the month of August I have set a goal for myself - I am going to try and post a new recipe each week starting with this one.

This recipe was adapted from Taste of Home and can be found here. We made some revisions and have included our version of the recipe at the end of this post.

The other night we grilled some extra chicken breast since we had the BBQ going anyways and then threw it into the fridge once it cooled down to use for this recipe. This made prep for this dinner super quick the next day.

Chop the celery, pepper, chicken, green onions and add the mayo and stir it all together. Add salt and pepper to taste.

 

Cover it and put it in the fridge for a couple hours.


 
Just before serving I prepped some lettuce and sliced some tomato for the sandwiches. 

 
 
They were very enjoyable, especially on a really hot day. 
 
If you want to give this recipe a try, here is our version of it with the revisions we made.  If you give it a try we would love to know how it turned out for you.
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips