Sunday 31 August 2014

When it Rains it Pours ...

... I think that's how the saying goes. Last weekend the Lil' Man and Hubby were in a wedding party. Here's a little sneak peak.

 
 
Don't they look cute in their skirts. Hopefully the wonderful and talented Nat Caron from Nat Caron Photography was able to snap some photos of the wee Lil' Man who is always on the go. Can't wait to see them!


We managed to squeeze in a family photo {insert super excited face}.


Working his magical powers lol.
 
If I said this day was a breeze, boy would I be lying. It has been one of my most challenging days as a Mom. It was a really hot day and as a result the Lil' Man wanted nothing to do with wearing his warm outfit. Thank goodness for his orange socks that his awesome Aunt R picked up for him in Europe. I seriously think they saved the day. The ceremony took  place at two-thirty in the afternoon, which meant he wasn't able to have a nap. If you have been around a child who is tired and has not had a nap you know how that ends. Long story short, the Lil' Man was not himself this day. We dealt with eye rolls and "shhhshhh" for the first time (which made me feel so wonderful ... NOT). I thought it was because he was tired but it turns out he was getting the beginning of a nasty virus {insert extremely sad face}. The day after the wedding he woke up with a high fever (the highest he's ever had) and a nasty rash all over his body. It was not a good week. If I knew what I know now, I would not have put him through that {I feel like a horrible mother}.
 
I of course did not have a crystal ball and had everything sitting at home to make salsa the following Monday. If you have made salsa before you know how much work that involves. Now throw a sick child into that mix.


My family braved being around the Lil' Man when he was sick and I some how managed to get it all done. It has been a crazy week around here. Maybe one of these days I will get caught up on blog posts ... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips