Wednesday 22 October 2014

Fall is Best...

For what you ask?  To clean out the gardens and put them to bed for the winter! 
 
My Parents Red Maple Tree is oh so beautiful in the Fall. Ours is beautiful also but it's small.
This past weekend I finally had a chance to clean out my flower beds and get them ready for the winter.  When I first started gardening when we got our first house (I can not believe it was almost 10 years ago already),  I left all my garden clean to do in the spring. Boy did I quickly discovered that was a big NO NO.  What a soggy yucky mess that was to clean up.


 
The fall is definitely the time to clean up the gardens while all the plants are somewhat dry and the weather is enjoyable.
 
This year I bought a big pack of yard waste bags from the Superstore and Hubby noticed they came with an insert support piece.  
 
 
Man did it make filling up the bags a whole lot easier!
 
 
 
I had some extra hands helping again this year until the Lil Man decided he wanted to play the Red-stop / Green-go game with Dad.
 
 
 
Five lawn bags later I finally finished and my flower beds are ready for the winter. It was so nice crossing that off my 'to do' list.
 
When do you do your garden clean up?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips