Tuesday 24 February 2015

February Birth Flower

 

It's hard to believe the month of February is almost coming to an end. Man has it been a chilly one. This week I think we broke some records for the coldest day in February. It has been a really chilly one in our small town. The temperatures hovered mainly around -28 degrees Celsius, but with the wind-chill it felt like -42 for most of the week. The one good thing is the sun has been shinning which has been warming up the house nicely throughout the day and the snow has taken a break from falling.

With these extremely cold temperatures it's hard not to think about the warm summer months that lay ahead. Seeing as today is the last Monday in February I thought it would be a great day to share some photos of the February Birth Flower.

 
 
This weeks garden post is brought to you by the Iris. These ruffally beauties have taken their sweet time to start blooming in my flower beds (I think it took 3 years).  About two years ago they finally started to bloom and boy are they beautiful. 




 I love that they attract butterflies and hummingbirds.

 
 
But most importantly I love that I can cut them and bring them inside to enjoy throughout the day. It's one of those little things in life that we are able to enjoy during the month of June that we long to do during cold winters like the one we are experiencing this year. 
 
 
I guess in the winter we have to enjoy other little things in life, like cuddling with the Lil Man while he is still willing to cuddle with me. As I know this simple little thing will probably come to an end sooner than I want/ expect and how I know I will miss it. But for now I shall enjoy it. 
 
Have a great Monday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips