Monday 6 April 2015

Hens and Chicks

Do you have succulents in your garden? I have some Hens and Chicks but they struggle near the end of the summer. This year I need to relocate them.


I was introduced to these succulents when I first started gardening at my parents. I really like the different texture it adds to a garden. If they are planted in a desirable location they can get really big and they are relatively low maintenance as they don't require much watering or care.  The "hen" is the main plant (the Mommy), and the "chicks" are the offspring, which start as tiny buds on the main plant and soon sprout their own roots, taking up residence close to the mother plant. These guys even bloom, unfortunately I do not have a photo of the bloom. Will have to add it to my list of photos to snap this year!

Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips