Monday 27 April 2015

Some see a weed ...

 
 
The temperatures dropped drastically in our area last week and we received another light snow fall. I think I drank 3 or 4 coffee's that day. I just could not warm up. The snow was all gone by the weekend, but the temperatures are a little on the cool side. I guess they are back to more seasonal temperatures. As the snow fell I couldn't stop worrying about my tulips and peonies shrub as they had been enjoying the warm temperatures from two weeks ago. Keeping my fingers crossed the temperature drop doesn't damage them.
 
This week I thought I would share a photo of my Saint John's Wort (hypeticum) shrub. This shrub blooms in August at our place & the bees love it! In the wild this plant is considered a weed but in our yard it's a flowering shrub.  It's such a bright, happy yellow bloom and it's so pretty!
 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips