Thursday 2 April 2015

Turkey & Egg Breakfast Cups

I was looking through our blog posts this past weekend and realized I am long overdue for a recipe post. I really enjoy blogging but for the past year life has just been a little hectic. I have even contemplated forgetting about the blog for good. But then I have a day when I get a chance to sit, sip on a coffee and scroll through our posts and I really enjoy reading and reminiscing about all the memories each photo brings back. Then I realize I am not ready to give it up. If I only get a chance to blog once a month, at least that's something to look back on.

 
Ever since the Lil Man became a picky eater I have found it really difficult to get inspired to try new recipes. Which really sucks because I really enjoyed it ... and still enjoy it.  I miss the days Hubby and I would make something together in the kitchen for dinner while sipping away on a glass of wine. 

With Easter coming up this weekend I thought this would be a good recipe to share. I have been experimenting with these turkey cups for well over a year and I think I finally found a way we really enjoy them.
 
 
 
I've made these a couple different ways.  The first time I made them with bacon, but we found they are really greasy and unhealthy.  As a treat every so often they are ok with bacon,  but I would not want to have the bacon version all the time.

 
We like them best when we made them with sliced turkey.
 

 
 
If you want to give these a try, here's our version.
 

Turkey Cups
 Makes 6 cups
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
 
Grease six muffin cups.
Line each cup with 1 slice of turkey meat.
Add some grated cheese (about 1 tbsp.) to each cup.
Dice approximately 1/4 pepper into small pieces and divide equally among each cup.
Add real bacon bits to each cup (not a lot just a few pieces).
 
In a bowl
Add1/3 cup milk to 4 eggs,  add salt and pepper to taste and beat mixture.
Chop 1 green onion & set aside a bit for the top at the end. Add the rest to the egg mixture and stir well.
Divide & pour the egg mixture into each cup equally.
Add some chopped chives on top (that you previously set aside).
 
Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny.

Enjoy!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips