Monday 28 January 2013

Hugo is 15 Months

Yesterday Hugo turned 15 months!! Where is time going? He seems to just be growing and teething like crazy. This was him last year when he was 3 months – January 27, 2012.

 
My mother in-law gave me this outfit which belonged to Byron when he was a baby (he’s the baby in the middle). When I put Hugo in the outfit I thought it was going to be big, but it almost didn’t fit him. Photo was taken January 28, 2012 - exactly a year ago today.
 
Our little baby is no longer a baby ... he’s a little boy {tear}. Last Thursday he had his 15 month doctor’s appointment and got his required vaccine and he was such a big boy & didn’t even cry.
Poor guy though has not had a break with his teeth, they just seem to be coming in non-stop one after the other, and he is drooling like crazy and keeps putting his fingers in his mouth. I think he has two teeth left to come in (which are coming in right now) and then it’s just his 2nd molars (aka 2 year molars) and his mouth will be filled with teeth.
 
For the past week or so Hugo has started to take some steps on his own ... 2 or 3 not much, but it’s a start and more than he had ever done before. When I was away for a brief part of the morning Friday, he took about 10 steps on his own and I missed it {figures}. Luckily Byron recorded it on his phone for me to see. Over this past weekend he has continued to take a couple more steps. Today he started to let go and take a few steps without me motivating him to come to me. He walked from his closet to his dresser all on his own while I was putting away his laundry. He is so close!!  Maybe by my Birthday he will be walking on his own ... we will see. I know when he is ready he will do it.

 

Over the weekend we finally found him his own couch. I tried to get him one for Christmas, but when I was at Wal-Mart and Toys R Us they were sold out. He loves it ...

 
Hugo, my 15 month old, watching some Baby Einstein like a big boy.
 
And apparently so does Roxy ....

Shortly after she got comfortable, Hugo decided he didn't want to share his couch with her. This is not like him, he shares everything with her especially his Cheerios, but not his couch I guess. He looked at her, pointed his tiny little index figure to her mat and told her "GO" ... and off she went to her own couch. That's one of his new things he started doing.

When I was photographing my Low Fat Brownies that I made on the weekend (recipe to be posted soon), Hugo was trying very hard to get to them as he really enjoyed them.

He pulled the chair to the side
 
  
It’s crazy how small he was a year ago and how fast the time has gone by. It’s amazing how much he has learnt in a year and how quickly he catches on. This morning he climbed up on the back part of his couch so he could look into his playpen from the top. I would have taken a picture, but I had my hands full grabbing him before he fell off and hurt himself. I think we are definitely looking at a future trouble maker!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips