Thursday 31 January 2013

Not Bad Low Fat Chocolate Brownies

This past weekend I tried my first recipe I found via pinterest  – Low Fat Chocolate Brownies

 
Ingredients





These brownies turned out quite moist considering they aren’t made with any oil or eggs. They are a very healthy brownie made with zucchini, bananas and applesauce and are packed with a whole bunch of vitamins and minerals.   They turned out kind of like chocolate banana bread.  I would definitely make them again with the slight revisions I made. When possible I try to cut back on sugar and we don’t really notice it. I used only half the sugar amount. I also omitted the walnuts as I wanted Hugo to be able to eat them and I do not feel comfortable giving him any form of nuts yet.
Hugo enjoyed them so much that he was trying to sneak another one while I was trying to take these pictures ...

 



The recipe is from SparkRecipes - Low Fat Zucchini Brownies, if you wish to give it a try.




Number of Servings: 24
 
Ingredients
1/2 cup applesauce [I used my homemade applesauce]
2 small or medium bananas mashed
1 1/2 cup sugar
[I only used half this amount]
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups finely shredded zucchini
[I used a medium sized zucchini - probably 7 inches long]
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup walnut pieces
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
 
Grease and flour an 9x13 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, baking soda, applesauce, and sugar. Add vanilla.
 
In a separate bowl mix cocoa, salt, and flour together. Once done add to above mixture. Add walnuts and mix together. Spread evenly into a prepared pan. Bake for about 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.







 




Yesterday was my birthday, so this past weekend we had dinner with my in-laws and sister in-law to celebrate me getting another year older. My mother in-law brought a delicious homemade apple pie for dessert {she makes wonderful pies}. We also had the low fat brownies for dessert and everyone seemed to enjoy them. A couple other people also stopped by our place this weekend for a visit and they too said they were good.
If you try this recipe please leave a comment on how they turned out for you.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips