Monday 25 February 2013

DATE. DAY.

I can't believe the weekend has already came and gone. Time sure does fly when you are having a good time! Had a busy but productive weekend. Friday evening my cousins from the city came up for a visit and picked up my goddaughter on the way here. We had a lovely visit. We must try and do it more often! When I found out they were coming I quickly prepped a Kelsey's Four Cheese Spinach Dip (not very healthy, but oh so creamy and tasty to enjoy with others).

I used fresh spinach

All mixed up nicely.

It's so good that it disappeared before I could take a picture of the end product!


Saturday was another great day -- it was a date day. This year we are trying to either have a date day or date night once a month. On date days we usually go to Barrie and run a bunch of errands (i.e. go to Costco and anywhere else we need to grab stuff from), and then we go to a restaurant and have a sit down lunch. The day seems to be so productive because Grandma and Grandpa look after Hugo, so we are so much quicker running from one place to another. On a date night we will go out for a nice dinner. It's nice having a couple hours were it's just Hubby and me. It also gives Hugo an opportunity to spend some time away from me {you know how horrible it is to be around me 24/7}. So far this year we have been able to do it for both January and February. We'll see how long we will be able to keep it up.

We went to Kelsey's for Lunch. I had the Kelsey's Lunch Trio - 1/2 of their Smoked Turkey Club Sandwich, served with Broccoli Cheddar Soup, and a Caesar Salad ...


Byron had their Messy Chicken Parm Sandwich ...


Overall lunch wasn't bad. We did enjoy the lunch we had at Swiss Chalet {I had the Rotisserie Chicken Club Wrap and Byron had the Southwest Rotisserie Chicken Flatbread} at our last date day though more. I've been craving a St-Hubert white meat Club Sandwich since spring last year, but the only place we can get them is in Quebec {insert sad face}. They are sooooooo good.  I often  think about my in-laws driving through Quebec last summer and just driving past St-Hubert each time they saw one and not stopping in for a bit to eat because they thought it was like KFC {insert head shake}, if only we had informed them.


I guess for now the closest I will get to one of these is by looking at this picture {insert tear}, unless we head to Quebec this summer for Byron to attend the Mountain Bike event at Mont-Sainte-Anne. We shall see how the lil man is in the car.


While we were in Barrie, we also went to Bonnie Togs and found some great deals for the Lil Man on winter and some summer clothing. We were able to grab him a Columbia snowsuit for 70% off for next winter!! We aren't the type to buy brand name stuff at regular price, especially for kids clothing items because they outgrow it so fast {a snowsuit only lasts one season}, but when we find a deal, we snatch it!!!  MUST MARK MY CALENDAR FOR NEXT YEAR ... I went to Bonnie Togs around this time last year and they had good deals then too!!


Sunday was also a good day -- productive ... did laundry, cooking and finally got around to something we've been meaning to do for a while. I'm getting closer to launching my small business venture, finally {my initial goal was to get it up and running at the beginning of January this year, but it didn't happen}. Once things are up and running I will post info here.

And that was our weekend in a nutshell!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips