Friday 22 February 2013

8/52 - Monkey See, Monkey Do!

Hugo loves to talk on the phone. As soon as he hears the phone ringing he looks at it and starts to make a sound like he's answering the call. For Christmas, Santa brought him his own cell phone. It is made by VTech and targeted to children slightly older than what Hugo is now, but he enjoys playing with it. It teaches numbers and counting and the alphabet ... it is very educational, which is awesome and I would highly recommend it [only complaint is it's kind of quiet until you slide it open]. I was finally able to snap some photos of him playing with his own phone.

 

 

 

 
So Focused
 

 
 
Hugo chatting on his phone
with his crazy curly hair ...
 
Also snapped some pics of Hugo playing with his police car and making the sound with his lips. I love watching him play ... it is so entertaining some days.

It went under the ottoman, so he peeks under to try and find it.

Vroooom .....
Hugo Update:

Hugo has started to do the hand motion for itsy bitsy spider [the part when the spider is going up the wall - he puts his index finger and thumb together on each hand, and taps the other hand]. It was amazing watching him do it the first time.

This past weekend Hugo opened his first door on his own  ... we are in trouble now.

He started to do the following about two weeks ago, but I forgot to mention in my weekly post - he now points to his nose when you ask him where it is.

Last week Roxy jumped up on the chair I sit on to feed Hugo [occurred when I went to grab Hugo's fruit] and sat there staring at him while he finished off his lunch. Within seconds, Hugo looked at her and said "Down" and pointed to the floor. I guess he has really been paying attention to me every time I tell her to get down off that chair. At first I was not sure if that's what he was saying, but then he did it again this week and it was clear and very funny to see.

While we were out on Sunday Hugo had a fluff on his finger from my very fluffy scarf. You could tell it was really bugging him, so I tried to blow it off and Hugo instantly tried to replicate what I was doing and quickly learnt how to blow with his tiny lips ... so cute.

 
I must admit there is never a dull day in our household any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips