Wednesday 29 May 2013

Bacon & Tomato Sandwiches {8 of 10}



Bacon & Tomato Sandwiches for some is a lunch option, but at our house, we enjoy it for dinner. During the summer, when our tomato harvest is at it's peek, these are a top dinner pick for us! 
 
All you need for this quick easy dinner  are tomatoes, bacon, some bread, mayo and pepper.
 
During the winter months when we get a craving for these yummy sandwiches and obviously do not have fresh tomatoes from the garden, I grab vine-ripe tomatoes from the grocery story. Not the same as the ones from the garden (not much flavour), but they are not bad.
 
If you do not have one of these in your kitchen (a tomato knife) I highly recommend investing in one. It works like a charm when you have to slice tomatoes. I find myself using it all the time for a bunch of other stuff too ... so worth the $5.00 we spent on it!

 
During the summer months when I make these, I pan fry the bacon on the BBQ's side element.
 
 
 
During the cold winter months, however, I use the pan that came with our oven (I believe it's called a broiler pan). I add a bit of water at the bottom of the pan which the fat drips into. I find this way is nice to prepare bacon because it does not stink up the house so much. During the summer however, it is way to hot to have the oven going though!

 
 
 
The bacon turns out perfect. Just the right amount of crispiness.

 
 
 
We like Hellmann's.
 
 
All the items ready to be assembled into a delicious sandwich. 

 
 
The finished product ... yummy!!


 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips