Monday 20 May 2013

First Sewing Machine Lesson

Last week I finally unpacked my wonderful birthday gift Byron gave me this year - an amazing new sewing machine. I had never ever used a sewing machine before Thursday nor had I read the manual yet (I still haven't I will have to do that soon).  On Thursday my Mother-in-law (MIL) came over for most of the day. She entertained Hugo in the morning for me so I was able to get some stuff done and in the afternoon after we had lunch, she gave me my first sewing machine lesson. I am so grateful that she took the time out of her busy schedule to do this!! I am one lucky girl to have such a talented and amazing MIL. She showed me the basics of how to even get the machine ready to use (as I was completely clueless). We almost finished two panels but halfway through the second one Hugo woke up from his nap and that was it for my first day of sewing. My MIL was an awesome teacher! I would have to say my first sewing machine experience was a great success thanks to her!!

 
 
 
First panel finished and in the Boler so Byron could see how it looks!

 
On Friday when Hugo went down for a nap I attempted to finish the second panel on my own ...


 

It was a success.



Now I just need to get to all the other panels. This past weekend I tackled the garden and did not have a chance to start. We shall see what this week brings.

I must say I absolutely LOVE my sewing machine. Byron picked up an amazing one with all the bells and whistles I think I will ever need!!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips