Tuesday 21 May 2013

21/52 - Say "Cheese" Mr. Blue Eyes

For the past little while as soon as Hugo sees the camera pointing at him he instantly looks straight at the camera, starts to smile, squints his eyes and says "Cheese", showing all his pearly white teeth.  It's funny to see, but it's also a bit frustrating too because I like seeing his big blue eyes when I snap a photo.

 
When I was looking through my pictures from this past weekend I noticed this one of Mr. Blue Eyes, and he wasn't squinting {bonus}. Blue eyes are both on Byron's side of the family (his mother) and mine. When I look into Hugo's eyes though,  I don't think there is a day that goes by that I'm not reminded of my great grandfather on my mother's side (AvĂ´ Alvaro). When I was little, I clearly remember as if it was yesterday, my great-grandfather's joy that we shared the same colour of blue eyes. He would tell everyone that I had blue eyes just like him and he was so proud of this. If only he would have been able to see our Lil Man's big blue eyes, just like his, he would probably be so happy and proud once again that this branch of his family tree also has his big blue eyes! 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips