Thursday 8 August 2013

Lime-Cilantro Pork with Salsa

Byron is not a big fan of pork, especially pork chops. I honestly do not mind a pork chop once in a blue moon since it is a change from the usual.  For the last couple years I have been searching for a pork chop recipe that we both enjoy but have been unsuccessful each time  I try a new recipe. I am not giving up yet, I know it's out there, I just have to stumble upon it. In the mean time I just have to keep searching and testing out new recipes. That is what I did this past week.



This week's recipe is another unsuccessful one but I still wanted to post it. Just because we did not enjoy it does not mean our readers will not enjoy it. The recipe is for Lime-Cilantro pork with salsa. I found it in the Spring 2013 Inspired Magazine from  Foodland that came with my flyers a couple months ago.  


I did make a couple revisions (i.e. I used our regular salsa instead of the chipotle one they suggest). Here's the recipe if you feel like giving it a try.

Lime-Cilantro Pork with Salsa
2 limes, 1 zested and juiced, 1 quartered
2 tbsp.  Compliments Canola & Sunflower Oil Blend, divided
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
4 bone-in pork chops (we used boneless)
1/2 cup Sensations by Compliments Roasted Tomato Chipotle Salsa (we used regular mild tomato salsa)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

First mix the oil and lime juice together and brush it onto the pork chops. Mix the dry ingredients with the lime zest and rub mixture into the pork until the pork chops are coated well. Since the weather was hot out, we grilled the pork chops on the BBQ. Once pork chops are cooked, place on a plate and top with salsa, sprinkle some cilantro and squeeze juice from remaining lime on top.

Our search for a good pork chop recipe shall continue. Hope you are enjoying your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips