Sunday 15 December 2013

2013 Gingerbread House

It has been snowing here non-stop since early Friday morning. We have received quite a dumping that I have had to dig out my big Sorel boots early this year. It is definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas here.

Every year for the past 5 plus years one of our Christmas traditions is to decorate a gingerbread house at the beginning of December (when possible the first weekend). The tradition continued this year and it was the first year the Lil Man helped.

 
 
I usually just buy a pre-made house and then we construct it and decorate it. I have not felt adventurous enough yet to make it all from scratch. I find it is such a busy time of the year and I just don't have the time to bake the house myself. I always make a run to the Bulk Barn and grab extra candy because I find the kits don't come with enough.






We ran into a little problem with our new little helper. He took a bite of the Gingerbread man the instant he put his hand on it and said "Mmmmmm mmmm mmmm" and continued eating. It was gone in no time. Then he wanted to eat all the candy instead of putting it on the house. He just couldn't resist all the sweetness.


 
 
This was the finished product. We don't try to make the house pretty, our goal is to get as much candy on the house as possible.

 
 
Do you and your family decorate a Gingerbread house over Christmas?
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips