Sunday 11 January 2015

ManCave makeover

Ok, so here is a little back story on what I am working with. My wife and I bought our house about 4 years ago, at that time we where thinking that we wanted a farm but it was not the right time for us. I did good on our last house with all the renos and such, only problem is the wife hated the mess. So we found a model home we liked and the builder wanted to dump it,  so after the awesome deal he gave us we moved in. This past summer we went and looked at a couple farms as we figured it's a good time to move. Then we started to talk about where we wanted to end up in life (we had a kid 1 year after buying the house) and the farm went out the window cause we like our current house that much (and the free time). I did a couple things in the garage, just to use up what I had around. Was always more about storage then a place to work. Now that we have decided to stay, I am starting to make my work space the way I want it.
So here is what I am starting with. A 20x20 attached garage that is 14 Foot high. 2 lofts already built. One is a 4x8 that is just for seasonal storage. Another 8x10 with steps going up to it. This one was going to be my little workshop, but its to hard to get anything up to work on. Also built shelves to store tools and bins of stuff across from big loft.


Loft did not work out as work shop also cause of the mess.


Seeing as its cold right now I am first working on my new bench / work area under my loft. I am keeping as much as I can under this area so I can put something around it and heat the area up when needed. So that's a new bench I am starting to work on already and inwall storage of tools and other stuff. Everything also has to be movable or in the right spot as my wife and I both park in the garage. This is how it is as of now.



So there is the start of what I hope ends up to be a really useful space for storage/work/parking. Please feel free to give input or suggestions, as we all sometimes forget about the trees while looking at the forest.

Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips