Monday 12 January 2015

ManCave progress

So I got a little work done on the workbench this weekend between father/husband duties. Trip to home depot to grab some stuff, was going to do 3/4 ply but noticed a awesome deal on some Formica top material. So I am doing a double layer of OSB and some extra 2x4s for strength.

Bench is going to be 64 inches long and 24 inches wide. Could have went bigger but the dirt bike needs a home beside the bench so I can still park in garage over the winter. Going to lose the top of my current tool box and put the base under the new bench with dual shelves to either side. And the top will have 3 built in drawers. 2 at 15.5 inch wide and one 27 inch wide. All in all I should not lose any storage but gain work surface.


Was a little cold in the cave today.



And this is as far as I got it. Now to do the two side supports/shelves next weekend if all goes to plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips