Monday 2 February 2015

Spring is on it's way...

That's what I keep telling myself. I don't know about you but I find this time of year hard to get through. The temperatures outside are -25 or colder with the windchill, the sun barely makes a presence and everything is a blaaa white colour or looks lifeless. On top of all of this I'm another year older. Don't get me wrong, the fluffy white stuff is pretty after a light fluffy sparkly snowfall like we had two weeks ago, but that only happens a few times throughout the winter season.  Most of the time the wind just howls like crazy and blows the white stuff everywhere and makes it nasty to drive in ... oh the joys of Canadian winters in Ontario.
 
Here we are ... it's the beginning of February ... the middle of winter. Let's face it no matter what the groundhog predicts today,  we have at least another two months of this to go.  I thought this would be a wonderful time to sneak in some photos of the flowers I welcome back each year in my flower beds. I intended to do this last winter but the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months and I just never had an opportunity to get around to doing it. The other day when I was picking up the Lil' Man from Preschool the birds were singing such a lovely tune and it truly felt like spring was around the corner and it somehow dawned on me that I had to start working on these posts.  Most of the photos were taken during the spring/ summer and fall of 2013 as last year the weather wasn't the greatest in our area and the flowers didn't do so well. My goal (keeping my fingers crossed I succeed) is to post a photo of the different flowers from our flower beds each week until the nice weather arrives. A little glimpse of the beauty that lies ahead.

The first flowers to pop up will be these beauties and I seriously can't wait...

Our Tulips!
  I saw the above quote this past week and it's so true.

 
 
I wish I could have fresh cut flowers in this mason jar throughout the entire year.



What are the first flowers to bloom in your flower beds?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips