Thursday 28 February 2013

Valentine's Day Sweets


I know Valentine's day has come and gone, but I really wanted to document what we made this year - Pink Chocolate Chunk Cookies.

At Christmas each year, we always get chocolate letters from Byron's parents, it's a Dutch tradition. Usually we have a lot of sweets at this time of the year, so I freeze the letters for a later date. This year I used them to make these cookies and they turned out GREAT!

 

 
 
I used my go to chocolate chip recipe but substitute the chocolate chunks for the chips and I added a bit of food colouring to make them pink for Valentine's day and voila!
 

 
 

Almost looks like ice cream
 


 

 
 

Before getting packaged for dad
to take to work and share


I designed and printed onto paper bag.
 
 
 
 
Close up of bag, it's a bit hard to read due to the photo - but it says -- hope you have the sweetest day ... love Hugo!
 
I also made Reese's Peanut Butter Bars on Valentine's Day for dessert. I will post them soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips