Monday 8 April 2013

Steak ... Oh BBQ Season {1 of 10}

For the next ten weeks we have decided to post the Top Ten Favourite dishes at our house. The posts will be in no particular order. It should be interesting to see how our current favourite dishes will change over the years to come.

I figured I would start with a dish we love to make during BBQ season - beef tenderloin steak, grilled peppers and Italian herb tomatoes sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. My mouth is watering just writing this post. Oh how we love BBQ Season. I think I like it a wee bit more than Byron because it gives me a break in the kitchen. Sometimes Byron cooks the entire meal on the BBQ which means there is nothing for me to do inside besides the prep and the big bonus ... there are less dishes for me to clean afterwards {yahoo}. The weather was nice and sunny throughout the day this past Saturday (a bit chilly), but that didn't matter because we were still able to BBQ. At night it was a different story - it hailed and snowed and was super windy - it's like Old man Winter does not want to leave. As I sit here writing this post at 5:45 a.m. the birds are singing away. Such a beautiful spring sound and a lovely reminder that Old Man Winter will have to give up soon.

As always, Byron did a wonderful job with dinner - all 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed it (Roxy loved the little fat treat she received at the end of dinner)!



Hope everyone has a good Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips