Friday 19 April 2013

{April . 12 . 2013} Storm

It's hard to believe that a week ago today we were blanketed with  a sheet of ice outside. While this past Monday the temperature  reached a high of 14o (the first day this year I was able to put clothes out on the line). The ice buildup on Friday was so bad that I could not get into my vehicle through the driver's side. I had to drive around Friday morning entering the vehicle through the passenger's side (I'm sure a couple people had a good laugh). The right side of our property was hit really bad. The laundry room and spare bedroom windows were even covered with a thick frosted layer of ice ... it looked really neat.

After a good 30 minutes trying to get the ice off the windshield of the car and getting completely drenched because it had started to rain, I was finally on my way to my appointment with a minute to spare {not very happy at that moment}.



I tried to get a photo of the thickness of the ice on the driver's side door handle but it is hard to see ...




All the parking lots were icy

Once I was done my running around and Hugo went down for a nap I went outside and snapped some photos {the one nice thing about the storm -- I was able to snap some cool looking pictures}.







 
 


By this point a lot of the ice had melted off the clothes line.
 
 
 
 


Another thing that also sucked was the power went out for about 2 hours, just before I was about to warm up my lunch. I had to come up with a way to warm up my soup...



Man was I grateful I have a fondue set. It worked like a charm! Hugo was napping during this part and it was so weird not being able to hear him through the monitor. It's crazy how many things we count on that require power. It is not until times like these that you really notice them.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips