Monday 1 April 2013

Boler reno day 3-5

Busy Easter weekend for work on the boler. Bought a bunch of steel for it on Thursday on my lunch break at work. Come Friday morning I was out there cutting and welding away. The rear bumper is a total mess, I have to put a whole new skin over it. I am using 1/8 steel everywhere to try and keep it light but strong. We will see how everything holds up, if things should fail I will build a new frame and move the new axle I got over. Here are a couple picks to see the progress.


On Saturday while I was out welding a neighbour noticed I had a welder and stopped in to see if I could weld something up for him. He dropped off a 1 inch steel strip and 5 steel rods and wanted them connected. About 45 minutes later is was all done and he slipped me 20 bucks for me time. That 20 bucks is going to a Friday night pizza this week. Here is a pic of how his project turned out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips