Monday 15 April 2013

Boler Reno day 7

So Sunday was a Boler day for me. I had one goal and that was to get my new axle mounted. So I finished making the riser blocks I needed, they turned out to be the perfect height from what I can see. It was hard work flipping the trailer back and forth so I could make sure the welding didn't get to hot in one spot. I can also say I am feeling the pain today. I took out the trailer just around the block once it was on and everything seems to work fine. I also installed new safety chains seeing as the style that where on there before are no longer legal. Everything is mounted using grade eight fine thread bolts. I got an awesome deal on these as well as 8 lbs of welding wire and all new stainless steel mounting hardware when I put the tube back on. Seeing as number 6 screws held the tube on before, 1/4-20 should be overkill.
Next week I hope to get the frame painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips