Saturday 6 April 2013

Digital Easter Cards

This year I decided to go a different route with my Easter cards. It's not the same as snail mail but for this year it worked as I was a little short on time. I emailed friends and family a digital Easter card to wish them all a Happy Easter. I snapped all the photographs that you see on the cards myself, which took a lot of time and patients, but it was worth it. I also designed all the cards myself which is a big accomplishment for me since I am just learning how to use Photoshop.

Here are the cards that went out ...



 
 

I also did a Portuguese one for my Grandma's (since they don't have email I required the assistant of my cousins to show them- I must admit this is one of the big downfalls of sending cards via the Internet) ...
 
 
 
I'm not sure if I mentioned it on here before, but one of the projects I am currently in the process of putting together is a digital project life book. Sherelle Christensen from My Crazy Life As A Farmers Wife Blog has shared with her readers five free Project Life templates. They are great if you have a basic knowledge of Photoshop. I have used them in the following posts if you want to check them out  Bubbles and Easter 2013.  You can find the templates HERE on her blog. I have started to create some of my own templates for our Project Life Book for 2013. The following is one of my layouts which will be included in our book for this year. I also created  the gingham pattern that you see in the background.
 
 


 Do you use pre-made templates or do you design your own? I personally like the flexibility that is available with creating the templates myself. However, I appreciate the pre-made templates that others have decided to share, as they speed things up. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips