Friday 20 September 2013

Garden Update - September

This will probably be my last garden update. It is hard to believe fall official arrives this weekend. Overall, we were quite happy with our garden this year considering the yo yo weather we had at the beginning of the summer. Our cucumbers are finally done and to be honest I am kind of happy about this because I am starting to get tired of eating cucumber. Our beans also did really well this year. I picked what was left last week.  Our tomatoes really struggled this year and they were just starting to ripen but I had to pick a bunch of them early because we had our first frost a week ago (it was kind of early this year). We have had two other nights of frost this past week and yesterday the weather felt like summer again.

Last week I finally had a chance to take out our potatoes.

 
I was shocked when I started to dig up the potatoes and saw the size of some of them. They are the biggest potatoes I have grown in our current garden.
 
 
Our carrots also did well this year.
 
 
And so did our jalapenos and red chillies. 

 
Our Halloween pumpkin is almost ready to be picked. I am just waiting for it to turn completely orange. I always have trouble growing pumpkins in our garden, so I am so happy one finally survived.
 
At the beginning of this season I was not very optimistic that we were going to get much produce from our garden, but we were pleasantly surprised.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips